SCHOOL BASED REHABILITATIVE SUPPORT SERVICES
School based support services under Section 28 of Maine Care and are designed for children with developmental delays; including autism spectrum, intellectual disability and developmental disability.
An individualized plan with measurable goals and objectives is created for each child with the parent and school personnel. A behavioral health professional (BHP) works with the child in the school on behavioral management, communication, community interactions, daily living skills and socialization through the child’s individualized plan.
SERVICES WE OFFER:
- Assistance with the School-Based Section 28 referral process
- Vineland Assessments that are necessary for MaineCare Reimbursable Services
- A comprehensive assessment of the student’s needs
- Development of an individualized treatment plan that works in conjunction with the student’s IEP and focuses on behavior modification and the development of functional life skills.
- A trained Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) to work one-on-one with the student during the school day on the identified goals and objectives written in the individualized treatment plan.
- CFK offers ongoing supervision of the BHP and collaboration with school personnel.
SYSTEMS DESIGN & IMPLEMENTATION
Development of school-based Section 28 treatment program that offers developmental health service, funded through MaineCare, to support students’ academic success.
- The student inclusive of observations, team meetings, and the completion of a comprehensive assessment.
- The supervisor works with the team to develop an individualized treatment plan
- Connections for Kids will hire and train a BHP to work with the student
- Data collection occurs on a daily basis and is review by the supervisor to make ongoing modifications to treatment as the
- student progresses.
A trained Behavioral Health Professional will be hired through Connections for Kids and receive the following trainings:
- 35 hours Behavioral Health Professional training
- CPR and First Aid training
- Safety Care Training
- Ongoing training on topics such as developmental disabilities, documentation, trauma, and behavior modification.
PROGRAM REVIEW & QUALITY ASSURANCE
- A team of experienced professionals are available to provide input, feedback, and guidance regarding Section 28 Services.
- Supervisors review case notes and track data on the student’s progress.
- BCBA provides supervision & guidance.
TREATMENT PLAN DEVELOPMENT
Assistance in creation or development of individual treatment plans that meet Maine Care standards and work in conjunction with a student’s IEP, including the students behavior plan and functional life skills.
COMPLEX CASE CONSULTATION & GUIDANCE
Available for consultation with schools to discuss, evaluate, and develop plans to address complex developmental heath presentations that often are a barrier to a student’s academic success.
Connections for Kids works with families and school personnel to complete the necessary components of the referral for School-Based Section 28 Services. The school’s IEP team can submit for services authorization using the referral form found on our website www.connectionsforkids.org/section-28.
To learn more about School Based RCS, please call:
207-400-9913 or 207-854-1030