Behavioral Health Professional (BHP)
Portland and Westbrook areas.
Home and Community
Elementary, Middle & High School
High School Diploma Required
Part time: $14.25/Hour
We are seeking amazing individuals to join our well established Section 28 Team who want to positively impact the lives of Maine children and families!
Our Section 28 team supports children with Autism, Asperger’s and other developmental delays to gain the skills needed to be independent in their homes and communities. You will be working one-on-one with children and families as an essential member of the treatment team, helping them build daily living, social, communication, and safety skills.
We invest in our employees by offering the following:
- Flexible schedule of after school and weekend hours
- Paid trainings for BHP Certification, First Aid, CPR and Safety Care
- Regular supervision and interaction with leadership staff
- Competitive Pay
- Mileage reimbursement
- Room to grow in our ever expanding company
Candidates for this position need to have:
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Proof of auto insurance
- Must have reliable transportation
- CPR, FA and Safety-Care training required (will train)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work as a team player
- Experience working with MR and autism
- Creative and caring
- Able to be organized and to prioritize workload
- Additionally, because of the importance of a work-life balance we’ve partnered with a host of businesses and attractions throughout our communities to offer our employees a variety of benefits and discounts such as an 18% discount through Verizon!
Education BHP certification (will train); High school diploma required.
We have positions in the Portland, Westbrook, Bridgton and Porter areas.