We are seeking amazing individuals to join our Section 28 team who want to positively impact the lives of Maine students!
Working as a School Based Section 28 BHP (Behavioral Health Professional) you will work one-on-one in a classroom providing support to a student who has a developmental disability. Our BHP’s work in tandem with a supervisor and school personnel to teach daily living skills, social skills and coping skills. At Connections for Kids you’ll advance your career while making a lasting difference in the life of a child!
This is a 30-35 hour per week position, Monday through Friday following the school year calendar, with time off for school vacation weeks. It also includes a part time Extended School Year program for 5 weeks between July and August.
- Have a completed high school diploma or higher
- Are able to get DOE fingerprinted
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and proof of auto insurance
- Enjoy working with children and being part of a tight-knit team
- Are a positive person with a strong work ethic
….you’re our ideal candidate!
Reach out to us today to explore details!
We offer a competitive starting pay rate of $15.50/hr and a $1,500 sign on bonus.
As a full time employee, you’ll have access to our top tier benefits package that includes:
- Paid sick time,
- Company issued Chromebook,
- Tuition Reimbursement,
- Participation in the Student Loan Forgiveness Program,
- Discounts to area attractions and businesses such as an 18% discount to Verizon,
- 403b Retirement plan with matched contributions after a year of employment,
- Paid training for BHP Certification, First Aid/CPR and Safety Care.
Additionally, because of the importance of a work-life balance, our generous time off package totals 22 paid days off in your first year, which increases with longevity!
We have positions located in the Portland, Brunswick and Fairfield public schools.