School Based Section 28 BHP
Join us in the Portland or Fairfield public schools!
Working as a School Based Section 28 BHP (Behavioral Health Professional) you’ll work one-on-one with a student who has a developmental disability. Our BHP’s work right alongside their student in their classroom in partnership with a supervisor and school personnel to provide support to students, teach daily living skills, social skills and coping skills. At Connections for Kids you’ll advance your career while making a lasting difference in the life of a child!
We have positions open within both the Portland and Fairfield public schools. These are 30-35 hour per week positions, Monday through Friday following the school year calendar, with time off for school vacation weeks. They also include a part time Extended School Year program for 5 weeks between July and August with scheduling flexibility.
- Have a completed high school diploma or higher,
- Have experience working with children,
- Are able to get fingerprinted through the DOE and Ed Tech 1 certification,
- Possess a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance,
- Enjoy working with children and being part of a tight-knit team,
- Are a positive person with a strong work ethic,
…..you’re our ideal candidate! Reach out to us today!
- Competitive starting pay rate of $17.00-$18.00 per hour,
- 11 paid holidays,
- Relaxed and casual work environment,
- Convenient school hours, Monday through Friday,
- Company issued Chromebook,
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Participation in the Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program,
- Discounts to a host of local businesses such as an 18% discount for Verizon,
- Discounted pet insurance,
- A 403b plan with matched contributions after a year of employment,
- Short-term disability coverage,
- Complimentary long-term disability coverage and life insurance at no cost,
- Paid BHP certification, Safety Care training and First Aid/CPR!
Additionally, because of the importance of a work-life balance, our generous time off package totals 34 paid days off in your first year and increases the longer you’re with our team!
If you’d like to be part of our amazing CFK team, submit your resume today!