Special Education Teacher
Bachelor’s Degree & Maine 282 Certification
Medical, Dental, Vision, Matching Retirement, Life Insurance
Kittery Kids Academy is a special purpose school serving grades K-6 that provides behavioral support services to students who have a mental health diagnosis that includes conduct disorders, anxiety and PTSD. As a Special Education Teacher for Connections for Kids you will develop IEP’s, plan curriculum, prepare instructional materials, and implement a variety of effective teaching strategies that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of our small group of students. This is a full time, school year position with a modified 6 week summer program.
- Have a completed Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field,
- Hold a current 282 Special Education Teacher Certification (Targeted Need, Conditional, or Provisional status) from the State of Maine Department of Education,
- Have 1-2 years of teaching experience,
- Hold a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and proof of auto insurance,
- Have a positive attitude and strong work ethic,
….then you’re our ideal candidate!
- We offer a competitive starting salary,
- Our top tier full benefits package,
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Company issued laptop,
- Participation in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program,
- 403b retirement plan with matched contributions after a year of employment
Additionally, because of the importance of a work-life balance, our generous time off package totals 22 days per year between our paid holidays and accrued time off, and we’ve partnered with a host of businesses and attractions throughout our communities to offer our employees a variety of benefits and discounts such as an 18% discount through Verizon!
This position is located in Kittery, ME.